Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

keep on keeping on!

So, after riding my baby dezi girl this morning (was hoping she'd be a better morning ride than Tori usually is; not that i can blame her, i'm stiff & cranky in the morning too ya know), I've officially decided upon a plan for the next few weeks.

On June 15th, Dezi will be attending and participating in her very first under saddle dressage schooling show, and we will be riding Intro Test A.

The things we need to work on:

  • choosing a saddle & sticking with it until after the show
  • working on my balance in the saddle (its very difficult to balance on a downhill slope)
  • circle & corner bending
  • straightness
  • halting (girlfriend does great up & down transitions; just not ones that involve the full stoppage of the body)
  • i need to memorize the test (my current attempt is failing miserably, my brain is not firing on all cylinders at this time)

No comments:

Post a Comment