Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

... and it continues

I'm obviously not very good at keeping a journal... (last entry was december 2011? lol).

So enjoy a recap of the last 15 months!

March 2012
Fix-a-test with Debbie Morrison (very productive experience)

May 2012
First rated competition with Tori since October 2007! We went to Heavenly Waters for Memorial Day Weekend. Best. Show. EVER. Everyone was so nice, I was able to warm-up my horse & not get run down, we camped out and had so much fun! In our first time showing Second Level - Test 2 we acquired our highest score as a pair, earning a 63% and qualifying for the CBLM Championships in Lexington, VA!

June 2012
A few weeks after MDW Tori went lame... again. this time from pedal osteitis (inflammation of the pedal bone [coffin bone])

Rode Dezi for the first time. She took me for a 5-minute pony ride & it was awesome!

October 2012
Participated in our first ever CBLM Championship! Total score of 59%. Judge at C gave us a 57% & Judge at B gave us a 61%. It was a good weekend.

December 2012
Went to Jeannie McDonald's farm for a clinic with Jane Weatherwax! Best clinic lesson yet! I actually felt for the first time, that a clinic went well and I actually accomplished something.

March 2013
Rode in a 2-day clinic with Dr. Jenny Susser, the sports psychologist for the US Olympic Equestrian Team. It was a very emotional experience. I have to stop beating myself up ALL the time. Give credit where credit is due. Also, not be so serious about my riding all the time. I need to relax and enjoy it more.

April 2013 to Present!
I have started riding Dezi more. at least twice a week. We lunge both directions in side reins. She's so stinkin' smart; while it takes her a few moments to figure things out, she does so in the most earnest & pure way. We've trotted under saddle at least twice now and she's great. I can adjust my stirrups without assistance from her back. I treat her like a grown horse because I expect her to act like a grown horse and she doesn't disappoint (at least under saddle). In hand she has an evil twin that shows up periodically (damn her being a gemini).

No comments:

Post a Comment