Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Moving right along!

So, last Thursday, during our lesson, Dezi and I had a few conflicts...

Conflict A.) Dezi has an overwhelming gravitational pull towards the wall of the indoor. Which eventually resulted in her trotting up the wall and falling on my leg. Which whalloped the area just above my knee cap (thankfully!) and now I have this GIGANTIC knee.
    - Side Note: I was frantically trying to get her to not glue herself up against the wall, but Dezi clearly knows best. >.>;

Conflict B.) Dezi decided that her proverbial "quarter" was up and did a "exit stage-left" out of the indoor.

So, I'm extremely glad to report that suddenly (after I purchased two ebooks last night & mused through them a bit) Dezi no longer has a dependency to being on the wall! We now make our "stop-sign" octagon shaped 20m circle at the trot. Molding her & guiding her around with my leg aids.

Not only that, but I started working some of the training level patterns with her, just because I could. The trot loops FXM & HXK = piece of cake. Even tested out the stretchie circle. and for a horse that doesn't quite understand the concept of the downward stretch for the free walk, she sure as hell caught on quick for the trot stretchie circle! (soon after we worked around the free walk and she started understanding what i was asking!)

Best & hardest experience of my life = breaking & training my own child.. er. i mean filly. :3 It is so much fun to help her learn and watching her browse through her little baby roll-a-dex to figure out the answer to the question I present to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment