Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mare-ily We Go Along

So. Recognized Competition Record for Dezi...

4/26
Training 2 - 64.107%
Training 3 - 62.4%

5/25
Training 2 - 66.25%
Training 3 - 62.4%

5/26
Training 2 - 68.75%
Training 3 - 64%

6/28
Training 3 - 64%

We have qualified for the Colonel Bengt Ljungquist Memorial Championships at Training Level & Region 1 GAIGs at Training Level.
Now we that we're all qualified, we can actually work on getting that 70%! Never in a million years would I have thought that not only am I able to set goals & attain them, but I have the self confidence and knowledge to be able to feel confident in schooling my 4 year old and feel like I'm making significant progress with each ride!
And I've decided to rating my rides on a scale, like tests. So I know what it feels like when I have that 70% ride at home, so I have a better chance of making it happen at the show. :D

Had a 68 ride this morning (not actually a show score... I gotta start gauging my rides so I have a better idea when I go to shows), working our way towards that 70!! Steadier in the bridle in w/t/c, spent a lot of time on those pesky transitions, got after myself a bit with my pseudo sitting deep in the canter, and trying to get more actual bend with legs instead of depending on those darn controlling hands! I can totally do this, I have been given the tools and dammit I'm gonna use them!

I'm so glad I was finally able to feel the pseudo-seat in canter... It's gives the appearance of being used but isn't actually doing it's job. Frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment